Upcoming Meetings & Events Schedule:
- Sept 5 (Wednesday - Hibernian Pub): Ken Davis on How he has Kept and Bred over 1,000 Species. Have dinner and drinks at the Hibernian while we get together to talk fish. Ken’s presentation will be a Q&A discussion format for us to pick his brain on spawning and raising fry. He will also dazzle us with photos and interesting stories. It will be a fun evening!!
- Sept 6 (Thursday - Vet School): Ken Davis on His fish collecting adventures in South and Central America
- Sept 7 (Friday 10AM): Local Collecting Trip with Gerald Pottern
- Oct 4 (Thursday - Vet School): Pizza Social + SIGs
- Oct 28 (Sunday 10AM-5PM - Ramada Inn): Fall Auction
- Nov 1 (Thursday - Vet School): Three Mini Talks
- Dec 6 (Thursday - Vet School): Holiday Party (bring dish to share)
Future Events (2019):
- March 1-3, 2019: Annual Workshop/Auction @ Ramada Inn
Past Events (2018):
- August 2 (Thursday - Vet School): Dave Herlong on Malawi Cichlids
- August 4 (Saturday 11AM-3PM - Sertoma Park): Annual picnic (RAS supplies everything, bring dish to share)
- July 5 (Thursday - Vet School): Alex Scharnberg on West African Cichlids
- June 6 (Wednesday - Hibernian Pub): Special Guest Ted Judy speaks on "La Confluencia - the confluence of 3 important river systems in Columbia." Socializing/gathering @ 6:30, talk begins @ 7:30.
- June 7 (Thursday - Vet School): Special Guest: Ted Judy speaks on "Pretty Places - inspirations for beautiful aquascapes."
- May 3 (Thursday - Vet School 7PM): Pizza Social + Special Interest Group:
- Note: Early start time of 7PM!!
- David Herlong on African Cichlids
- Richard Mullinax on Keeping Shrimp
- Ticia Antinori on Beginning Plant Keeping
- May 5 (Saturday, noon - Shelley Lake Park): Leadmine Creek Cleanup (Adopt A Stream)
- April 4 (Wednesday - Hibernian Pub): Michael Barber on The Ultimate Fish Room
- April 5 (Thursday - Vet School): Michael Barber on Collecting in Peru
- April 6 (Friday - location TBD): Local Collecting Trip with Gerald Pottern
- March 24 (Saturday): Michael Maieli hosts RAS table at NCSU Vet School Open House
- March 1-5: 2018 Workshop & Auction
- Feb 1 (Thursday): Arielle Wright & Chris Sotherden on What's so Fancy About Goldfish?
- Jan 4 (Thursday): Mini presentations: Mark Domanowski on Breeding Black Worms, Allan Bryant on Water Treatment in NC: How it may Affect Aquariums, and Doug Brown on 2017 Spawnings by RAS Breeder of the Year