Where is it?
Auction location: Ramada Raleigh, 1520 Blue Ridge Rd, Raleigh, NC 27607
What is happening?
- Live Auction for fish, inverts, and plants
- Silent Auction for tanks, equipment, books, food, art, etc
Item check-in and registration runs from 9:00-10:00 am
PLEASE COME EARLY to so we won’t have a traffic jam at 10:00
Both auctions begin at 10:00 am
Live auction ends after all items have been presented for sale
Silent Auction ends at 2:00pm with item pick-up at 3:00pm
Anyone may buy or sell items related to the aquarium and pond hobby, including fish, invertebrates, plants, equipment, books, food, art, etc., participants (buyers or sellers) do not have to be RAS members
Registration is free for current club members of any aquarium club (proof required), non-members must pay a $5.00 registration fee at the door to gain entrance
Both sellers and buyers should register on-line in advance to save time at: http://www.mygroupauctions.com
If you don't register online or if you have additional last-minute items for sale, PLEASE COME EARLY to register on-site
Priority Stickers move Live Auction items in front of non-priority items to be auctioned. Stickers can be purchased for $1.00 each on a first-come-first-serve basis at the registration table by sellers and buyers. There will be a limited number of priority stickers sold. Additionally if any seller or buyer wishes for a silent auction item to be sold part of the main auction, they may purchase a priority sticker and place it on the item (not the silent auction sheet)
MY GROUP AUCTIONS – Registration Instructions:
Visit http://www.mygroupauctions.com/ to create a user account (use your email and choose a password - write it down)
1. click Register Me
2. fill out Registration form
3. click Join a Group - select Raleigh Aquarium Society from the list
4. Proceed to Raleigh Aquarium Society auction home page
5. Click on Preview Icon (Binoculars) on Current Auction to see items for sale
6. Click on Preview Icon (+) on Current Auction to list your items
7. Click on Preview Icon (Printer) on Current Auction to run a report
For Silent Auctions items you must enter your item in My Group Auctions to receive a lot #.
Print the Silent Auction Form at link below, and bring it with you.
Silent Auction Form
Rules for Buyers (i.e., Bidders)
1. Any person wishing to bid must register and receive a bidder number prior to bidding.
2. For security purposes, a valid driver’s license or other form of identification must be left with the registration table which will be returned upon leaving the auction.
3. RAS can only accept cash or checks as payment for auction items.
4. All purchases must be paid for before any item leaves the room where auction is held.
5. Auction items may be inspected prior to the auction and during designated breaks.
6. In all cases, the decision of the Auctioneer and Auction Chairman is final on disputes.
Rules for Sellers
1. Any person wishing to sell items must complete all registration documents and agree to the terms of the auction. Use MyGroupAuctions.com to pre-register your items and print labels if you can to minimize the morning traffic jam at the registration table (information on this is given below).
2. Live items must be properly bagged and of suitable size to maintain water quality throughout the duration of the auction. Proper fish bags must be used. Ziploc bags may be used for dry items or plants, but not for fish. Fish in Ziploc bags will be removed from the auction. Very large fish must be in a bucket, not a bag. Fish must be bagged with ample air and water (about 1/3 water, 2/3 air). Do not overcrowd your fish. Multiple bags may be joined together as one item if necessary. For dry goods, we encourage bulking small items into one larger sale due to space restrictions.
3. RAS may re-bag items as necessary and will charge sellers a $1.00 re-bagging fee which will be taken off the price received for the item.
4. The Auction Chairman has the right to remove any item from the auction that is incorrectly bagged, appears sick or diseased, or otherwise deemed unsalable.
5. Priority stickers can be purchased for $1.00 each on a first-come-first-serve basis (3 stickers are given free of charge to every club member participating in the auction as a buyer or seller). There is a limited number of priority stickers sold and they are available only at the registration table. You can put priority stickers on any item at the auction.
6. Tanks and dry goods items will be put into a separate silent auction in a separate area of the room. If any Buyer or Seller wishes them to be sold as part of the main auction, they may purchase a priority sticker and move the item into the main auction. Silent Auction items are to be priced with a minimum $1.00 bid and go up in $1.00 increments. Priority stickers are placed on the item, not sheet.
7. Once an item is registered it may not be withdrawn, except by the Auction Chairman. The Silent Auction Chairman has the right to request that small single dollar items be consolidated into a single lot. The Silent Auction ends at around 3:00pm, with item pick-up to be done within the hour.
8. Sellers have the right to put a minimum bid on any of their items. This must be clearly labeled, or the item may be sold under a minimum price. Minimum bids must be at least $5.00.
9. Sellers may remove the minimum bid or item with approval from the Auction Chairman.
10. Any item not claimed at the end of the auction becomes the property of RAS.
11. The first dollar of EVERY SALE will go to RAS. After the first dollar, the Seller will receive 70% of the balance (for RAS members), or 60% of the balance (for non RAS members). For example, if your item sells for $11, a RAS member would get $7 and a non-member would get $6.
12. No payments will be given on the day of the auction. Checks will be mailed out in a timely fashion by the RAS treasurer after the auction. Ensure that your registration information (name, address, telephone number, e-mail address) is correct. Although every effort will be made to ensure timely payments, RAS is not responsible for delays due illegible or incorrect seller information.
13. RAS claims no responsibility for any item entered in the auction or any personal injury that might occur during the auction or on the auction site.
14. In all cases, decisions made by the Auctioneer and Auction Chairman is final on any dispute.